Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So Much To Do...

I feel like such a slacker for not updating sooner, but as you are about to see, that is far from what we have been up to. I'll start with Spring Break, just hope my post pregnancy brain can remember all we did, the pictures do help a little to refresh my memory.

The kids rode with their cousin to Dallas to spend a few days and left Eric, me and Max at home. Brandi, Chuck and the girls joined them and they had a fun filled week! The weather didn't cooperate for them to go to Six Flags, it was snowing. This is the third year in a row we tried Six Flags and it was cold and windy. Never had snow before though, that was a shocker. They ended up at the mall and Abbi found plenty of bounty of course. Tyler took a little nudging but finally found a few things, socks were his big splurge I think. Do all teenage boys love the mall this much? I can't fathom going to the mall and only finding socks, batting gloves and one pair of shorts when my Mom says get what you want. Oh well, Abbi picked up the slack on the shopping trip.

They stayed at Great Wolf Lodge after that. When I started getting those pictures I was super jealous, it looked like so much fun. Mommy and Max aren't staying home ever again and missing out on the fun. I was so proud of Abbi for riding down the big yellow slide and of her big brother for riding with her. Brandi and Chuck are brave for taking all the kiddos to a gigantic indoor water park and hotel, and taking on a mommy who stayed at home and wanted picture updates every 5 minutes. Thanks Brandi for indulging me. Needless to say I was glued to my email and too involved with getting pictures of the big kids to take any of the little one at home or update the blog. I don't even remember what we did that week, except for Mommy, Daddy and Max went to eat at TaMolly's. I LOVE IT! After Dallas the kids got to go to stay the night with Grannie, I again, wished I was there.

Thursday Brandi and the girls came up to stay with me and Max while Eric was gone to a coaching clinic in Alabama. We had a blast and shopped until we dropped, literally, my back was gone by Saturday night but it was worth every muscle spasm. That might be a little dramatic, but it did hurt. I might would have lost some weight if we hadn't eaten at every fabulous restaurant in the area. This week it is bootcamp time, I must get ready for summer and need to fit in more than 2 pairs of jeans and few tops. The week left me wanting more fam time so we will be making our traveling debut soon, should be an interesting post after a 5 hour trip with a teeny tiny baby. We started out this week with a visit from Pappa and Susan, it was short but super sweet and will tie me over with a family fix until I make it to El Do.
Yesterday Max and I took Abbi and her friend to play putt-putt. It was a beautiful day and they had a blast. Max slept the whole time. Just a few funny Abbi stories and I must try to lay my angel down so I can get a few things done, yes, I have typed this entire post holding him. I am a mulitasker to say the least.

A couple of weeks ago Abbi asked me if Max could talk English yet. I said no, and she said, You mean he can speak Spanish? Funny, I said no, he speaks nothing right now but he will speak English soon as he is learning from us. Apparently she thought if you don't speak English you must speak Spanish.

Abbi was going to a friends to play and asked if she could watch a scary movie with her friend. I told her no, it was PG 13 and had bad words in it. She said that's not fair, I hear Eric say bad words. I said he does not, what did you hear him say? She said, Period. I said what? She said he says it to Tyler all the time. I laughed, I told her Abbi that isn't a bad word. She asked what it meant. I told when Eric tells Tyler to do something sometimes he argues with him so Eric says, do what I told you, period. It means quit talking back and don't say another word. Good stuff. We are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. We had such a fun week! Isabel even thought she had 2 weeks off for spring break we were gone so much from home.:) Hope Tyler and Abbi had as much fun with us as we did with them!

    ReplyDelete