Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mommy's Hormones

Sorry I didn't updated for a couple days but I had forgotten about the post-partum hormones than can play havoc on your emotions! Grannie had to leave Friday to go back home and work and I cried all day. I think I even cried because I was crying. It is so tough being far away from family that you have been with all your life. Brandi and I have raised our kids like brother and sisters so this is a different experience to adjust to. I am counting on them visiting a lot more and I definitely will be making the trip down south more often. I'll have to get her and Grannie a gas card. I am much better this morning, a good shower and getting dressed always makes you feel better. Plus I finished off the potato soup Grannie left, definitely comfort food. We do need to get an estimate on adding on a room, I think that will help lure them up here.

Well, I will catch up on our activities now. Abbi has been begging to have a friend over since she can be a car rider now. We had her friend Eddy over Thursday after school and they had a ball. They took turns holding Max and then they were off to jump on the trampoline. She really enjoyed getting to have special Abbi time. Tyler got to go to his friends house after school and play as well then he and Eric went to Ruby Tuesdays for quality guy time. I should have sent a camera with Eric to get a picture for the blog, next time. Mom stayed up with Max all night and I slept like a rock! It was so wonderful to wake up rested.

Friday the flood gates opened and I was a basket case. Abbi didn't feel good so I let her stay home. She has a sore big toe, I believe she said it was from jumping and rolling off the chair. Who would have thought you could get hurt doing that? Eric and the kids and Grannie left about 2:45 and Max and I napped until 6. He was really good last night. He has his fussy, need to eat close together time about midnight then usually sleeps until about 4. After that he sleeps until 8 or 9, not bad at all. Today is a new day and I can't wait to see what the future holds. God is good all the time and we are blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a better day! It's beautiful down here with so much sunshine and warm temps- always makes me feel better. Glad we got to see the kids for a little bit last night. Abbi was cracking us up as usual:) I love you and hope you have a restful weekend. Can't wait to see you again (and Max of course:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kandi, glad you have had a better day!! We both shed quite a few tears when I had to leave!! I love you and miss you and so glad I was able to be there for Max's first week at home. I will get to Farmington more often so Max will know his Grannie!! Glad he couldnt focus this past week---he might have been traumatized by the Grannie in the zebra stripped pajamas!!! Love u--Mom

    ReplyDelete