Monday, March 15, 2010

Ketchup

What did the big tomato say to the little tomato? Ketchup. That is just one of the many jokes Abbi and her cousin Lowery were telling each other yesterday. And it was perfect for my blog today, I have a lot of catching up to do! (pardon the corniness :)

Friday night Abbi and I had girls night out. She chose Marketplace to go eat, super yummy! She really wanted a friend to go, but we kept it to us two and I think she had a little fun with her Mom. She beat me in tic-tac-to and checkers and enjoyed the amazing Chocolate Mess. It will put you in a happy coma quick. She gave me the best foot rub ever when we got home, just like Jansen and Tyler did once on the way to Florida when they were little.

Tyler had fun at a birthday party and spent the night with a friend that lives in the cool neighborhood. I wish we lived there. I always wanted to have a home like we did growing up. Everyone was always at our house and Mom always had snacks like Rochelles for us. I want our kids to have the same. I started looking for houses last night, there is a perfect one of course, but I am sure selling ours would be tough. Oh well, maybe someone will walk up to the door today and ask to buy ours.
Saturday Eric's brother Tommy and his wife Amanda came to visit. It was great getting to visit with them, we don't see each other as often as we should considering they are one of the closest relatives to us. Speaking of close relatives, Steve, April and Lowery are here this week!!!! We are so excited. April and Steve stopped by yesterday and let Lowery stay and play, thank you! Abbi and Lowery had so much fun telling jokes, singing and playing fairy godmother. Very entertaining for all.

Max made his fist appearance at church yesterday and was so good. The only peep he made was a big yawn. He really seemed to enjoy the music. This week is my first week alone during the day. So far so good. Max rode with me to take Abbi to school and was hungry. Abbi entertained him on the way but he was fussy on the way back. I remembered how he liked church and turned on the xm praise station and turned it up. It worked! After eating he slept in his swing in the bathroom while I got ready. He had a shocked look on his face when he woke up and no one was holding him. He is in my arms now and keeps peeking to make sure I haven't put him down again, little stinker.

I added a little bonus picture, he reminds me of my Pappa Teede in this one, gotta love the cotton pants. We are blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good first day "on your own"! I'm sure he'll get used to not being continually held-eventually, HA! Too bad they don't make some sort of contraption that simulates our arms. That reminds me of Mom putting one of our dolls in the bed with John so he could play with the doll's hair instead of hers! I'm not sure he ever fell for it, he was too clever for that:) Love you all!! Tell Tyler and Abbi we're counting down the days til spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John never fell for the baby doll hair----those eyes would pop open and he knew someone was trying to pull a fast one!! I know you and Abbi enjoyed your night out---reminded me of picking yall up from school and taking you (one at a time) on a lunch date!! John always chose The Spice Of Life Tea Room----and always had a big piece of their chocolate pie. One on One time is a necessity with 3 kiddos!! I love and miss you---Mom

    ReplyDelete