Friday, March 19, 2010

You Can Spoil A Newborn


For those of you who think you can't spoil a newborn, I have proof you can and can give you step by step instructions. Max is in my lap now as I type. I have laid him down about 10 ten times today and it is only noon. I think the longest amount of time he stayed down was 30 minutes. He has a very strong someone isn't holding me radar. I let him cry about 5-10 minutes thinking he will get tired and go back to sleep, not happening. Oh well, we will keep trying. At least next week is spring break and it won't matter if I am exhausted because I will have no where to go. The house will be so empty without Abbi and Tyler! My amazing sister and brother-in-law are taking them to Dallas with their kiddos. They had plans to go to Six Flags, but for the 3rd year in a row the temperature will drop and wind will pick up the exact day they plan on going. Then Brandi and the girls are coming up here for a few days, I am ecstatic!!!!
Abbi has had fun this week getting to play with her cousin Lowery. It has been wonderful to have someone over to play everyday and entertain Abbi. They have been so good and really had fun yesterday out in the sunshine. It was so pretty. We took Max for a walk, we got about halfway done and they both had to go to the restroom. Needless to say we made quick time getting back to the house.
I gave Max his first real bath this morning. Can you tell if he liked it by looking at the picture? He takes after his sister and brother, they aren't thrilled about getting a bath either. Of course their reason is they have much more important things to be doing like getting in last minute texts or playing spy. He recovered quickly though and smells so sweet now.
He acted pretty sweet Wednesday night. We all went out to eat and he slept through the entire meal. I wasn't sure we would all fit in my car though! Since Tyler is a grown man now, it is definitely a tight squeeze in the back seat. Time to bite the bullet and get a vehicle with a third seat. I was hoping to wait and pay mine off first, but we won't make in my little car to El Dorado and I am anxious to make the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a busy life you lead!! I remember those days----you learn how to multi-task real quick. Wish I was closer so I could spoil him too!! Holding Max all day sounds awesome to me!!
    I love you all--Mom

    ReplyDelete