Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mommy went to Walmart

I got solid sleep last night for 4 hours! Thank you Grannie. I slept in my bed for the first time last night, Max prefers for me to hold him and I've always heard for the first week to just bond and not worry about sleeping rules. Next week, I am going to try out the BabyWise book that helps you create a schedule to help line out sleeping, playing and eating habits. I'll let you know how it goes, right now I don't want to put him down but I know one day I will need to be able to.

After I got done with my post from last night (posted this morning) Eric did rub my feet. My swelling is almost completely gone in them now, YEAH! I can actually see my ankle bones now. Thank you honey, we better keep the foot rubbing going so the swelling doesn't come back. He also took my car to get the oil change and promised a detail tomorrow, I even went to get the supplies for him. No excuses.

Grannie and I took a trip to Walmart today, who knew something as simple as a shopping trip to Walmart could make you so happy. It was so fun walking around the aisles with Mom and taking our time. We got my jogging stroller, thank you Dad. Guess that is the first step to getting my body back. Baby steps, maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be able to make it down the block. I feel really good, but I get tired super easy. I had to take a nap when we got back. Eric got to have daddy time while we were gone. I think they made it just perfectly, we got back and they were laid up on the couch taking it easy.

After Walmart I went to get Abbi from school and Grannie had a fun diaper change. She was changing Max's diaper and got the spray treatment, well actually Max gave himself the spray treatment, and the couch. She said hit his forehead and went back to the couch arm. Got to be quick on the diaper switch. I remember Tyler getting Aunt Brandi several times. Funny stuff, when it isn't you of course.

Abbi's in bed and Tyler is rubbing his knee down with ice. I think they are worn out from the dance show they had earlier with Eric. When American Idol is on you never know what kind of show you are going to get in here. Sign of a happy well adjusted family, wouldn't want it any other way. We have a friend Mr. Mike who likes to visit every once in a while, but he can only stay about 10 minutes. We over stimulate him, I think he might have mentioned memories of the circus. We told him if he would visit a little more often he would acclimated to the fun.

Max is laying down in his napper and has lasted an hour and a half! I am writing a really long blog to resist the urge to grab him up and squeeze him. Maybe eating an ice cream drumstick will delay the urge, there is fudge in the middle. A fabulous day of Walmart, funny memories and dancing ended with a chocolate covered ice cream cone with fudge in the middle. We are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I finally figured out how to comment- I'm definitely not the computer savy person in my household! Tell Tyler and Abbi to look for a little prize coming in the mail. It's not much, but wanted to get them something too!

    Love you all!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete